Friday, January 20, 2012

MAC Week 3 Blog Post

Chapter Five taught me that you do not have to be the conductor of an orchestra to be a leader. I lead from my position now.  Everyone is a leader no matter what they do. Being a leader is not defined as your position or title but by what you do. By making a difference in my community, I am a leader. Being a leader is also letting someone else do the shining and not holding the spotlight for you.

Chapter 6 teaches one to relax and enjoy life. Do not take things so seriously. Reminds me of quote for a Batman movie that I recite often “Why so serious batman?” I know it is a crazy quote to remember but it reminds me so much of this chapter. So often we get caught up in things and ourselves that we forget to relax a little.  It is not always about the title you have or who sees you. It’s about relaxing and taking in what you can.

Chapter 7 teaches you to accept your mistakes.  Some things in life happen for reasons we cannot control. Sometimes it really just is “the way things are.” This chapter teaches you ways to cope and understand what is happening in life.  It reminds me of a book that helps you cope with losing someone.

Chapter 8 giving the way to passion makes you take a look at yourself and realize what you should change about yourself.  Look at your whole self and taking away the boundaries that keep you from everyone else.

4 comments:

  1. @ Marquita,

    I love the batman quote. I agree we some times take ourselves and others too serious. Sometimes things just happen for reasons is so true too, yet we are in charge of our own destiny to a point. We position ourselves to become successful like in this incredible journey at FULL SAIL EMDT program. Thanks for sharing your view of Zanders message in the Art of Possibilities.
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Marquita

    Bravo! Your summary of the chapters was concise and poignant. It provided the reader with a clear understanding of the material in the chapters. “Why so serious?” was one of my favorite quotes from that movie and definitely captures the spirit of chapter 6’s practice. Overall, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marquita, I love the way you distilled the chapters down to the basic essentials yet you touched on the most important points in your review. I also love the Batman quote. I think that it is great to have little one liners to help make on-the-spot attitude adjustments. I like what you said about everyone being a leader. I believe that and it reminds me of a statement: "everyone can teach you something". There are lessons all around and leaders everywhere we look. Some lead in a good direction and some lead astray. Ultimately, it's the follower who makes the choice and leads herself or himself behind the leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good summary and observations on the week's reading. leadership and leading is such an important part of learning. I like what you wrote about how helping out in your community is a form of leadership. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete