Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 4 Blog Post


Chapter 9
Enrollment. Wow.  Creating that spark.  I honestly hope that when people meet me they feel the spark of life that I try so hard to give off.  Enrollment is being positive so that others pick up your positivity.  It is like how my family portrays blessings. When someone you know has received a blessing just know that yours is right around the corner. Be happy for people and be positive.  Influence others to want to be positive as well. Spark a light is someone so they can spark a light in someone else.

Chapter 10
The board.  Having the option to change the course of action before it occurs.  Instead of placing the blame on someone else, be responsible to take the blame yourself.  Even if you know it is not your fault you could still have some fault.  Now that I think about it, there are some situations where the blame could have been on me.

Chapter 11
The Framework.  Making ways better for everyone. I really enjoyed the story about the second grade student that lost her hair from chemotherapy. Her classmates picked on her and she did not want to go to school the next day.  The framework is all about bringing people together with no divisions. Also, we have to be able to see the true vision and not just state false ones.  A vision could change how someone feels about an idea.

Chapter 12
WE!!!! Instead of looking at the world as if it only affects you, think of things in the perspective of how it impacts all of those around you.  That is so powerful because quite frequently we have thought that our worlds were so bad but we never really take to time to look at the world through the eyes of some who is really going through things.  There are so many people that do not have job, have been diagnosed with cancer, who are innocent in jail.  We sometimes seem to get upset about the crazy stuff and forget there are bigger issues in the world.  Look at how you can make the world better instead of how the world can be so hard on you!!
                                                                                                                             

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Marquita. I am going to stick to your ch12 comments. Simply put, WE can make a difference as teachers, educators, family, friends and people. The world seems to get more difficult to function as the days go by, and not just for us as individuals, but for us all. If we could only keep and share the WE attitude maybe things would be somewhat easier for all involved. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more educators and adults in general were like you. You bring enthusiasm, enlightenment and passion to your reading posts and to your students.

    Keep up your good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marquita, I agree with you. Chapter nine’s conversation about the spark caused me to be a bit reflective as well – wondering whether I emit that spark when I come in contact with others. I wonder if my spark is contagious. I also wonder if I am receptive to the spark of others with whom I come in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good summary and observation of this week's readings, very encouraging. Yes, we can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete