Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 2 Classmate Comment (Adam Vaughn)

SATURDAY, JANUARY 14, 2012

MAC Week 2 Reading: Art of Possibility Chapters 1–4


WHAT A FANTASTIC TED TALK! JOE THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS VIDEO, IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE FAVORITES PLEASE MAKE US ALL AWARE.

THESE QUOTES FROM THE VIDEO DESERVE BLOG SPACE.

"WHO AM I BEING, THAT MY PLAYERS EYES ARE NOT SHINING?" - BENJAMIN ZANDER





"It is one of the characteristics of a leader, that he not doubt for one moment the capacity of the people he is leading to realizing whatever he is dreaming." - Benjamin Zander



"The conductor doesn't make a sound, he depends for his power, on his ability to make other people powerful." 
- Benjamin Zander


"I will never say anything, that couldn't stand as the last thing I ever say." - Auschwits survivor
It took me a minute to figure out what I wanted to say about the book, 
but in the first four chapters this is where my head is at…



Dear Mr. Zander,
I got my "A" because I found purpose in the process. What I used to think were vain attempts at reaching some unseen goal, lost in space, or some endless maze, were in fact the efforts of one finding his individual points, lines, and planes. This entire time I have been tracing out my own great pattern. Though I cannot see it in its entirety, I do know it is there, and I know, even in the dark, exactly what I am doing. As the days pass, the little fears and insecurities of the past reveal themselves as sure footing for the moment that make the pathway to a glorious future.
Sincerely,
Adam Vaughn
MarquitaJan 15, 2012 01:34 PM
Adam,

Love the pictures and the quotes. Added a fabulous touch to a fabulous book!!! I also liked how you added a letter to Dr. Zander, way to internalize your reading. I have spoken with a member of the PAC team at my school to see if we can do the letter to increase the overall moral and success rate of our staff. Sometimes you need to picture your success in order to obtain it. Way to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment