Sunday, January 8, 2012

MAC Wk 1 Leadership Post

 Photo from dipidty.com

Once again it is time for me to shed my light... This post is about a someone that I admire as a leader. This individual is John Dewey. Enjoy!!
I have been an avid follower of John Dewey since my early years as an undergrad.  He has this understanding of students and I yearn for that knowledge.  From studying the works of John Dewey it has impacted me tremendously as an educator. Students learn by doing so I ensure that my activities are hands on.  It is important that my students are involved in their education and the overall process of learning. I have read so many books on how students learn but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. 

I want to be like John Dewey in my career in education.  I want to be remembered for strategies that I create.  I want to make a difference in the art of teaching and learning.  John Dewey has set the bar really high but I know that I can help students to learn.  I am probably 1 out of 70 that believes learning should be fun.  I am not the most popular one either.  Students need to be exposed to the concept prior to you teaching it.  But some do not realize that.  You can tell students about the Grand Canyon if they have never even been out of the project.  With John Dewey as my guide, I know I can make the education world exciting.


I hope that you have enjoyed reading about my guiding light! Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, the things that i get to learn about you guys. i would have never guessed that you are a fan of John Dewey and how he influenced your life. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete